Cold weather can cause flu or any other health problem. It is essential to take precautions and keep ourselves and our homes as warm as possible. Here are some tips to help you this winter:
1. One of the ways you can keep warm is to insulate your clothes. By doing so, you will keep the warmth inside the clothes and the cold will be left out.
2. Keep your house warm. If it is too costly to keep your whole house warm then atleast keep the living room warm where people spend their time. During nighttime, you can keep your bedroom warm just half an hour or so before going to bed.
3. You can use oil heaters to keep your home warm. Gas heaters may not be suitable for enclosed spaces when all the windows and doors are closed.
4. Whatever heater you are using in the bedroom, don’t forget to open the door or window a little for ventilation.
5. Be careful if you are using an electric blanket.. Have it checked atleast once in 3 years..
6. It would be better to wear plenty of thin layers of clothes on the body rather than a single layer.
7. Get used to being in socks and shoes most of the time to ward off the cold. Electric foot warmer might also be helpful in keeping the feet warm.
8. Ears and neck are very vulnerable parts and need to be covered properly..
9. Keep the main house door closed and probably have heavy curtains inside the house.
Sitting idle for extended periods of time may not be a good thing during winter.. Stay active during winters by running around, exercising or doing any chores. It is best not to sit idle for long periods of time.
11. Do check that your house heating system is working properly and is in fine condition.
12. Check and seal any gaps in doors and windows or else cold air might come inside and cause discomfort.
13. Sipping hot drinks like tea or coffee might also help, but its best not to overdo this.
14. You should try to stay as much indoors as you can during harsh weathers.. Stay indoors as much as possible.
15. When you return home from work, try to avoid going out frequently without any proper reason. Manage outside work in such a manner that outside trips are minimized.
One way to do this is to do a lot of things at one time while going out. Also stock up provisions in order to avoid going out frequently, specially if its too cold.
16. Draw the house curtains when it gets dark. This is because more heat may escape through the windows than the doors. In order to keep as much heat inside as possible, make sure to draw curtains as evening approaches.
17. Do not heat all rooms at all times if they are not occupied.. So heat only those rooms which you occupy.
You can find more tips here – ways to keep warm outside
permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.